A lot of people are familiar with how to purchase a whole cow, but you’d be more excited to know you can buy your beef in different bits and quantities too. It’s incredible to know you can have all the best parts of the meat you’ve ever wanted at a fraction of the cost. You also get to fill up your freezer with meat that stays fresh for over a year.
Believe it or not, purchasing a whole cow is as easy as buying a pair of socks on Amazon. This blog post will guide you through the steps toward making that purchase.
#1. Where Do You Begin?
- You may want to start by talking to your close friends and family to know if they have ever purchased a whole cow from any local farm. Ask them about their experiences.
- Google it! when in doubt type in “purchase whole cow in Pennsylvania”. This will lead you to a variety of options that will take you to farm websites. Then look for a contact number. Never be afraid to call the farmer and ask questions directly.
- The farmer will tell you how long you will have to wait for pick up.
- Pick up is simple! Drive your car to the address provided and load your boxes. An SUV will fit the beef of a whole cow.
#2. What Cuts of Beef Come With Purchasing a Whole Cow?
It all depends on who takes your orders. You will get a variety of options on how you intend to customize your cut list. Meanwhile, some of the cuts include:
- Steaks like NY strip, flank, filet
- Ground beef
- Stew meat
- Chuck Roast
- Soup bones
- Chipped steak
- Round roasts, and many others.
Not only can you order a whole cow in Lenhartsville, you can also order smaller portions. Whatever your choice may be, it is nearly half the price of beef at the grocery store. It is also less expensive and has no hormones or red dye in it. This is a win win! Don’t be afraid to try ordering beef this way. You will not regret it!